Burn Permit Information for Charlemont Residents
Brush Burning Season is open now, regulations and how to obtain a permit are in this article.
- You may only burn BRUSH! All other materials are illegal. No leaves, grass, hay, stumps, building debris or any other materials are allowed to be burned.
- All open burning must be a minimum of 75 feet from buildings or structures.
- Burning will be allowed to start at 10:00am and must be extinguished by 4pm.
- Any open fire must be attended at all times by the permit holder.
- No person shall set, maintain or increase a fire in open air at any time except by permission.
- You must be 18 years or older to apply for permit and/or set, maintain or increase fire once permission has been granted by the Fire Department.
- You must have an appropriate means to extinguish an open air fire completely at the end of the day or if requested by the Fire Department.
- The Fire Department can refuse or cancel a permit at any time. (Example: Violation of permit regulations, or change in weather conditions.)
- Open burning season is January 15 - May 1.
- Massachusetts Regulation 310 CMR: DEP 7.07 "Open Burning"
- More information from the Massachusetts DEP.
For burning permits in season request a permit online at http://fcburnpermits.com/ if you do not have access to a computer then please call Chief Annear at 413-522-2705.
Posted: to General News on Fri, Apr 2, 2021
Updated: Fri, Apr 2, 2021